Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Dvorak 'Zine

The Dvorak Zine

The Dvorak 'Zine by Alec Longstreth, Michael Cardiff, and Gabe Carleton-Barnes

The Dvorak 'Zine is an awesome book that explains a different typing method called "Dvorak". In fact, I'm typing in Dvorak right now. Dvorak is just a different keyboard layout that anyone can set their computer to. My favorite character is Alec because he is like me (he gets angry easily as you can see I do from my little outburst with that guy on Brian Cronin's blog in my last post). It's funny how Alec keeps coming back after the chapter that he narrarates to yell about how annoying QWERTY is. (Qwerty is the keyboard layout that most people use these days). I also like the other characters (Frunch and GCB) because when you put all three characters in one book together, they compliment the other characters since they are all different. If I were to change one thing about this 'zine I would make it longer because it's so good that I didn't want to stop reading it. If you're looking for a really good 'zine that's short, but has a really good argument, then go buy yourself a copy of The Dvorak 'Zine!

4 Comments:

Blogger Alec Longstreth said...

Thanks so much for your awesome review Greta! We're so glad that you enjoyed The Dvorak Zine. Hey, we're going to put a quote up on our site from your Review. Is that cool? Good luck with your Dvorak-learning. Viva La Dvorak!!!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Greta said...

Wow, that's so cool. I can't believe I'm talking to you. I think my brother met you at Rocketship which is when he bought me the book. I can't believe you're gonna post a quote of mine on your site! I'm gonna go check out your site now, so bye! Thanks for posting!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Alec Longstreth said...

Greta, the quote is here on our site. Thanks again for the great review!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Greta said...

Thanks!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Staples
Staples