Friday, August 26, 2005

The Long Halloween

batman

Here's my review:

The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale

The Long Halloween is a mystery about how every holiday a member of the Roman family is killed by an unidentified man or woman called "holiday". When I first picked up this book I wasn't into Batman at all, but my brother said that if I read a little bit I would like it. So I read the first five pages and then I couldn't stop reading. One of my favorite things about this book is that there are so many villians who could be holiday and you have no idea until you put everything together at the end. I also liked how everytime Batman confronts the Roman, Catwoman shows up and helps him (even though she's a villain). However, I didn't like that everytime it showed a member of the Roman family it would say who they were in the exact same words as it did the last time it showed them. It just got kind of boring. But besides that, I really loved this book, and it made me a lot more interested in Batman and all of the villains' origins. I hope that you read it and like it as much as I did.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Good point, Greta, definitely a highlight of this series was the way in which Loeb and Sale gave us glimpses at all of Batman's villains, which is cool because he has a LOT of cool villains.

If you liked Long Halloween, you probably would enjoy Batman Year One, which Long Halloween is a "sorta sequel" to.

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Staples
Staples